Music is something that unites all human beings and every one listens to music. One of the main sources of music consumption today is the smartphone and there is no lack of good music players on the Android market place. I am someone that loves having ‘features’ even though I may not use them all the time but its nice to have them just in case. Google Play Music is the default music player that comes pre-installed in almost all the android devices but its a little too basic and if you’re somewhat of an audiophile or just an advanced user and would like having the ability to share your songs right from the music app while you listen to it or manage your songs, have a nice amount of audio settings to tweak and get that perfect sound for you, you might want to check this out.
BlackPlayer Music player
BlackPlayer is an elegant modern local Music player. It’s easy to use and despite all the advanced features it is completely free without ads and very light-weight to use. As the name suggests it’s built around a black theme but if you prefer light themes you will need to get the paid version, the link to which will be at the end of this post.
– Supports the standard local music file formats such as MP3, WAV, OGG.
– Build in Equalizer, bass boost & 3D surround virtualizer or option to use external Equalizer.
– Flac support (4.1+)
– Gapless playback.
– View & Edit embedded lyrics
– HD Album cover management, auto and manual.
– ID3 Tag editor, edit Track, Albums & Artists
– Changeable Themes, fonts and colors.
– Very customizable.
– Music scrobbling.
– 3 widgets.
– Sleep timer
– Flat minimalist design.
The best part about BlackPlayer is its easy to use UI despite the fact that it is so customizable which is a big plus. The UI is mainly black with white texts and the now playing screen automatically picks up colors from the album art although it can be set to display a blurred album cover as the background as well. There is also an option to include this blurred album art as the lock screen wallpaper while playing music rather than the default android way. It also downloads the artist images and album cover automatically as you browse through your songs but this can be easily turned off in the settings. There is also an audio amplifying feature even in the free version in case your headphones or speakers have a low audio output.
While the free version in itself a very good music player to have for local files, there is also a paid version called BlackPlayer EX which packs in the following Extra features :
– Folder view
– Light theme!
– 6 Extra Fonts, including option to use System font.
– 11 Color accents.
– 4 Extra Themes
– White Widget theme.
– Extra Track information in Now Playing. Bit-rate, sampling-rate and format.
– Customizable cross-fading
– Screen Always on option.
– Screen rotation lock.
– Change the Library start page.
– Customize the Library pages completely. Add, Remove and sort.
– Custom grid size for Artist & Albums.
– Custom colors! Action bar, main and popup windows.
– Manually search and set Artist images.
– Blacklist Folders and Tracks
– White widget theme.
– Zap, discover your music fast with this smart function. Auto plays random music tracks for 5 seconds each.
– Floating window control widget
– Visualizer, customizable (Beta)
– Widget and Notification customizations.
– Change notification text color and background.
– View Artists as bigger grid.
– View Genres as List and as Big list.
– Custom 4×1 Widget transparency.
– Played Tracks can be tracked monthly instead of weekly.
– Blur effect to Lock screen or Widget.
– 2 Extra text animations
– 1 Extra transition effect
– Show queue position in widget.
– Add “PLAYLISTS” page to the Library.
– Hide any of the Sliding pages.
– Sort Artist albums.
It is recommended to try out the Free version before you buy and make sure everything works good and you are satisfied with the free version although the paid version is definitely worth the money which is a mere rs39 ($0.581 ). I am so impressed personally that I feel its actually twice worth the money.
BlackPlayer is a definitive Buy if you are looking for a local music player with all the cool and useful features.