It’s been a few weeks since Android 7.0 Nougat went official and since the source code went public developers over at XDA have been hard at work creating ROMs for various devices based on the OS. Just a whileago we saw builds pop up for older devices such as the Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and One Plus One. Now the latest flagship device from chinese manufacturer OnePlus is getting the unofficial taste of Android Nougat via CM 14.
Courtesy of XDA member Taker18, OnePlus 3 users can get an early taste of Android Nougat. Now remember, this is an unofficial build and there are a few bugs. The OnePlus 3 is currently running the stock Oxygen OS 3.2.4. Moreover, the device now also supports the official Oxygen OS 3.5.1 community build. The Community build 2 is basically a beta version meant for testers to collect feedbacks and bug reports for the next ROM updates. OnePlus will also release the official Android 7.0 Nougat update to some of its premium devices including OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 2.
Installing a custom ROM on the oneplus 3 requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further, you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone, and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Whats not working:
- Alert Slider
- Dash Charge
- Possibly more
Battery life is stated to be horrendous, along with issues with poor thermals. Installation of APK’s from local sources does not work, launchers other than Trebuchet do not work, there are frequent slowdowns…the list goes on for a while. Over time we’d expect this ROM to get better with more features working, but for the time being you can flash this if you’re a bit eager to check out some of Nougat’s best features, such as multi-window support, before OnePlus releases it officially.
- This ROM is work on Oneplus 3
- Always take backup of your data before flashing any custom rom.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed on your device (Recommended recovery is TWRP ).
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Oneplus 3
1) First,backup all your data and contacts before starting.
2) Download the CM14 Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps 7.0 from the link above and save it on your device.
3) Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power Button.”.
4) In TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device as a precaution, in case anything goes wrong.
5) Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to wipe it all.
6) Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the Gapps zip file.
7) Wipe cache & Dalvik cache again (optional) and Reboot your device.
7) Done! Now enjoy (if possible) android nougat on Oneplus 3 Cm14
Along with that, another XDA developer has released an early CyanogenMod 14 build for the first generation of Android One devices. Just like with the build on the OnePlus 3, this is an early build and not daily driver material, so flash at your own risk. Of course, we’d also expect this build to get better over time.
Source : xda