Nova Launcher is one of the most popular launcher applications on the Play Store, with more than 10 million downloads and a 4.6 star rating. It’s quite a lot for a launcher, but it is to be expected since the app offers an abundance of customization options for various Android phone. It has been a favorite of mine and many many others for years.
Following in the footsteps of Action Launcher which now includes these features officially, Nova Launcher has started it’s beta testing with the Pixel Launcher goodies.
- 5.0-beta1 Sept 15
- Swipe to open drawer (a la Pixel Launcher)
- New Pixel Launcher style searchbar
- New search view, with tabs for Frequent, Recent ad New/Updated apps
- New “Timeout” screen lock method
- New double-tap-swipe gestures
- Integrated searchbar into drawer (card and immersive)
- Option for dock backgrounds to draw under navbar
- Nougat fixes and optimizations
- Improve interactions with KLWP
That means you get an app drawer that can be swiped into, an arrow indicator to remind you to swipe, transparent tinting of the dock area, proper Pixel folder icons, and the new Google Search pill with dynamic calendar icon.
Moreover, there are some card background adjustments that need to be made, here’s a full list of what you should do if you want the Pixel launcher feel :
- Drawer > Swipe to open
- Drawer > Card Background > Off
- Drawer > Background Color > White
- Desktop > Indicators > Page Indicator > Line
- Desktop > Indicators > Swipe to drawer indicator
- Dock > Background > Rectangle, White, Transparent, behind navbar
- Folder > Folder Background > N Preview
Signup forNova Launcher beta and grab the launcher from the Playstore. Or you can get the APK as a direct download. If you don’t want to deal with a beta, here’s how you can recreate the Pixel Launcher’s appearance in your current Nova Launcher.
Source: Kevin Barry (Google+)