After teasing high benchmark scores in the first teaser yesterday, Xiaomi has released a second teaser for the Mi 5S that confirms dual rear cameras for the smartphone. Earlier rumors said that it will feature a 16-megapixel cameras, so the secondary camera could have a smaller sensor like the Redmi Pro that was unveiled back in July has a 13-megapixel camera along with a 5-megapixel camera for achieving depth of field and real-time background blur.
As you might already know, the Chinese company has scheduled a product launch event on September 27 where the Mi 5S is expected to be unveiled.
If you recall, back in July, there were rumors that the Mi 5S will feature a dual rear-camera setup. But since then, we’ve been hearing that the handset will sport a 16MP rear unit.
Friday morning, a new teaser was released by the manufacturer that tells us to expect a dual-camera setup on the back of at least one new Xiaomi handset. After weeks of passing along rumored specs and pricing, we also expect that one new high-end model will be powered by the Snapdragon 821 SoC, carry 6GB of RAM and offer variants with 64GB, 128GB and perhaps 256GB of internal storage.
While it’s entirely possible for the Mi 5S to sport a dual camera setup, it’s worth mentioning that latest rumors out of China are suggesting that the phone that’ll be made official on September 27 is not the Mi 5S – reports say it could be the Mi Note S instead.
Some recent rumors suggest the Xiaomi Mi 5S or the Note S whatever it’s name, is expected to be priced at 1999 yuan ($299 / ₹20,040 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB variant. There are also rumors about a Mi 5S Plus variant with a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen, 6GB RAM and 256GB internal storage for 2999 yuan ($449 / ₹30070 approx.).
Xiaomi Mi 5S rumored specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 650 nits brightness
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB / 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB, 128GB or 256GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording, secondary rear camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3490mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
What do you think of the Xiaomi Mi 5S/Note S? Specs and benchmarks don’t necessarily prove anything specially unverified and rumoured but assuming these turn out to be true, would you be interested?
via : Playfuldroid