Microsoft is redesigning the native application Photos in Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The app has just received the 16.1003.10012.0 version for Insiders in the fast cycle.
The update brings a surprising amount of change in the interface that users have requested.
The update simply adds the option to choose either a new light theme, the old dark theme or just go with whatever the system theme currently is.
This update, on PCs, discards the hamburger button for the more intuitive pivot interface. The bold fonts have been replaced with Microsoft’s Segoe UI font similarly to the People and Windows 10 Mobile Photos apps prior. Of course, you get the new light/dark/system theme options as well. There are also some newer animations in the app, making for a more pleasant experience.
Here’s an unofficial changelog:
- Order the burger menu on the PC, are now utlizados pivots
- In the cell, the header is now black instead of gray
- New animation: when photos are minimized, there is a new animation
- The settings have been reordered
- New selection to fear light and dark
- Albums were resized and formatted to display more information
You can download it from the store link below, but you’ll have to be an insider to get your mitts on the latest build.
Certainly, an option to choose between light and dark themes would be welcomed by everyone but what do you think about the new design?