Whatsapp needs no introduction, it’s almost as popular as Facebook itself. The messaging app bought by Facebook rolled out a new update a few days ago that included a new “WhatsApp Status” feature. It is safe to say now Facebook is kind of obsessed with Snapchat. One by one, feature by feature, the devs at Facebook, and Facebook owned services are copying Snapchat. Only this time, users don’t seem to like it. Continue reading “Whatsapp status : Why people are not liking it and some tips”
WhatsApp may have been the leading third-party messaging app for years, but it’s only recently begun adding some of its best features that have been around on other services for a while. On Android, it added GIF support months ago so GIFs are probably not new to you as a Whatsapp user. However, the app only supported locally saved GIFs to be sent until now which, if you are into GIFs, might have been a bit troublesome to find and download and then send.
Continue reading “Now you can send and receive GIPHY animations on Whatsapp too”
Update : In version 2.16.269 beta of WhatsApp, the ability to draw and add stickers has been added to videos as well. Record a video with WhatsApp’s built-in camera by holding the capture button. Then when you’re done, WhatsApp will serve the same interface to draw and insert text and stickers on top of the video as it does with images. Anything you add is static though, so keep that in mind if your hand moved a lot while recording. Continue reading “New Whatsapp update brings better selfies and Snapchat like doodles”
This is a significant change in the policy of WhatsApp which had earlier promised to protect the privacy of its 1 billion users across the globe. WhatsApp is giving users a limited time to opt out of sharing their information with Facebook.
Whatsapp is one of the biggest smartphone apps and probably the most widely used messenger app on Android. There have been many messenger apps some better and more feature rich but Whatsapp captured the ‘messenger’ part of its job description much better than many such said messenger apps. Kind of like how Google came out on top by being simple and search focused.
Facebook, Whatsapp’s parent company and a social media giant, is pouring a lot of its money and resources into making Whatsapp even better by putting in as many features as they can without hindering the user experience.
Popular third-party chat app WhatsApp is leaving a “forensic trace” of every supposedly deleted chat log, meaning anyone with access to your smartphone — or another device connected through the cloud — could potentially access data from the app. Whatsapp, being one of the popular third-party chat app after convincing the users in terms of security purpose by providing End-to-End encryption in their platform, is now working on an application which would be able to recover the deleted data via a remote backup system, an iOS researcher Jonathan Zdziarski has revealed. (via The Verge).
Facebook has announced its Messenger app now has over a billion monthly active users. Facebook separated the Messenger app as a standalone app in 2014. Facebook has asked users to download Messenger app rather than to continue using the private message feature on the main Facebook app itself.
Facebook now owns three apps with more than 1 billion users. Starting with Facebook app which is the most popular, with 1.5 billion monthly active users. WhatsApp crossed 1 billion monthly active users in February 2016. Facebook owned Instagram too has over 500 million monthly active users.
To celebrate the same Facebook has a new Easter egg hidden in the Messenger app. All you need to do is send a balloon emoji to any of your friends, and the animation should automatically appear on the screen. However it looks like a temporary feature just like the flower emoji reaction Facebook used during Mother’s Day.
While you sit back and send the balloon emoji to celebrate the milestone, here are 10 facts you should know about Facebook Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger is now used by 1 billion users every month.
- People send over a billion messages every month between customers and business. The company says that the number has more than doubled in the past year.
- Facebook Messenger now is the second most popular iOS app after Facebook.
- Messenger app has been downloaded more than 1 billion times on Android platform.
- More than 22 million GIFs are sent every day via Messenger which translates to about 254 GIF’s per second.
- Every month, an average of more than 17 billion photos are shared with friends and family through Messenger app.
- Facebook keeps updating its sticker packs frequently. As of now, there are more than 250 sticker packs available on Messenger with more than 4,000 stickers. More than 380 million stickers are sent every day.
- Facebook Messenger offers secret games like basketball and football. The games are so addictive that people have played 1.2 billion games of basketball.
- People make around 10 percent VoIP calls globally through Messenger app.
- Since its launch earlier this year, over 18,000 bots have been created on Messenger and over 23,000 developers have signed up for Wit.ai’s Bot Engine since then.
Bored of chatting on WhatsApp with the same old font? Here’s how to use the new font FixedSys font on Android, iOS and Web apps.
Earlier this week, WhatsApp has rolled out a new update for its app on Android and iOS platforms, and also for its web apps. Along with usual bug fixes and performance improvements, the update silently brings a completely new font called FixedSys. This iconic monospaced font was initially included in Microsoft’s Windows 1.0 OS, back in 1985. And just to relive the nostalgia, you now use it in your WhatsApp messages too.